Main Tasks: Cooking and kitchen duties
- To develop, in consultation with guests and staff, healthy balanced menus with choices offered which reflect the needs and preferences of guests.
- To plan, prepare and cook meals from the agreed menu taking into account personal preferences or recognised dietary requirement (e.g. diabetes). All guests are to be offered at least three meals per day.
- To ensure a safe and sufficient supply of catering products by developing a system of ordering supplies in a timely manner. Ensure catering orders and deliveries are recorded using documentation supplied to enable all orders to be checked and audited.
- To be responsible for the daily use of catering equipment and reporting any defects to the General Manager.
- To manage the cleaning procedures and schedules for the kitchen in accordance with Environmental Health standards and those expected by the General Manager.
- To keep the kitchen and store areas in a clean and hygienic condition.
- To ensure the correct use of all equipment and products in line with COSHHrequirements. Ensure all COSHH assessments are kept under review.
- To implement and maintain a system of stock rotation and control.
- To manage within the agreed catering budget.
- Ensure all food related activities comply with food safety regulations and the completion of all relevant records in relation to food safety.
- To effectively lead, motivate and support the kitchen staff team as directed.
- Assist staff to complete relevant documentation as directed.
- Monitor staff performance, report any issue to the General Manager.
- To assist as directed in the interview and selection of potential kitchen staff.
- Upon appointment to ensure the appropriate induction and support of new
- Observe good food hygiene practices at all times.
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations and Abbeyfield policies and procedures.
- To follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/emergencies.General duties
- To attend staff meetings when appropriate and to be available for one to one sessions as agreed.
- To attend appropriate training and development sessions as agreed with the Manager.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the General Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To uphold and promote equal opportunities in service delivery.